Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Father's Day Books

Here are some fun books about Fathers!

Day Out With Daddy by Stephen Cook
Day Out With Daddy

This is a favorite of our children. This is all about a fun day out with Dad and the crazy things that can happen :)







Daddies Are for Catching Fireflies (Lift-the-Flap, Puffin)

This book isn't just about dads, but moms and dads roles. The roles in this book are traditional, with mom home greeting children from school and dad teasing and playing.







Papa's Son by Kate McMullan
Papa's Song (Sunburst Books)

A book about helping a child fall asleep.








Daddy Hugs by Karen Katz
Daddy Hugs (Classic Board Book)

We love this book in our house, especially our youngest. She and my husband have a very special bond, so this is a favorite book of theirs.







Father's Day Thank You by Janet Nolan
A Father's Day Thank YouA book about the search for the perfect father's day gift.









Just Me and My Dad by Mercer Mayer
Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter) (Look-Look)
The Mercer Mayer books are timeless and great for the preschoolers and school-aged children. My son especially likes this one since it is about camping and he loves to camp with his dad.






My Father's Hands by Joanne Ryder
My Father's HandsThis is a sweet book that has a focus on gardening.










My Daddy Snores by Nancy Rothstein
My Daddy Snores

And because you need to have something fun, especially for dads, we have this book.

2 comments:

Kristy Powers said...

Thanks for the ideas! I love how you give these recommended book lists - please keep them coming. :)

Nikki said...

I'll have to check these out. Two more great books are: Mr. Seahorse by Eric Carle and Why I Love My Daddy by Daniel Howarth :) My girls' favorites!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails