Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Leaf Man


In the Fall Books post I recently did, I mentioned the book Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert. Leaf Man shows many pictures of different leaf creations and is a really cute book.

After reading the book a couple of months ago, I had the genius idea for a cute activity. I later explained it to Brayden while we were on a hike and I was gathering leaves.

"We are going to use these leaves to make a leaf man just like in the book Leaf Man," I said.

"Oh, you mean like I did at Preschool last year?" He asked.

"You did that at preschool last year?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Remember the guy made out of leaves." That was the end of the conversation.

Actually, I knew exactly what he was talking about. That's what that was :)! You can see it pictured above. Honestly, at the time I thought it was a bunch of leaves he found glued to a paper. But now I see it is a leaf man. I also see that Brayden's amazing preschool teacher beat me to the punch of a great idea. I will just say I am glad my girls will be going to school there, too :)

The activity is pretty self-explanatory. You read the book Leaf Man. You gather leaves and such to make your own creation. Then you create.

In Leaf Man, there are more than simply "men" images. The leaves form to make all sorts of things. 


1 comment:

Lori said...

Just wanted to drop a note to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. Your children activities are always so much fun. I awarded you with the "Me Encanta Tu" award on my blog. Thanks for being an inspiration. Here is the post that details the award:

http://mymontessorimoments.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/me-encanta-tu-award/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails