Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Day Gift: Book of Love


A week or so ago, I wrote a post on one of my other blogs about showing love through words of affirmation. One blog reader shared that her husband felt love best that way, and that one year for Valentine's Day, she gave him a calendar book with 366 reasons she loved him.

My husband also feels love through words of affirmation, and I thought this sounded like a great idea for a Father's Day gift!

I started by interviewing my children. I sat down with a piece of paper and a pen. I asked them, "What do you like to do with Daddy?" Then I wrote down their answers. I asked, "What do you like that Daddy does for you?" I wrote down their answers. Finally, I asked, "Why do you love Daddy?"

For my little 14 month old, I am coming up with her answers myself. It isn't hard to figure out because she is such a Daddy's girl :)

The interview process took all of our scheduled learning time for the day. I went through the lists and designated some for coloring pages and some for photos. For some of their answers (like, "I like to mow the lawn with Daddy" or "I like when Daddy pushes me on the swing"), I will put the answer down and put a picture of them doing that activity together. For others, we are coloring a picture of the activity. This way, he will have art work and pictures in his book of love.

This is obviously taking us several days to complete. We are far from done. But I wanted to share the idea with you now so you could do a version of your own if you are interested.

Oh, and I will be adding my own things in too.

I am printing four to a page on a piece of white cardstock. I think when we are done, I will laminate them all and then bind it somehow. Then he can have a small book of love he can take with him to work. Hopefully it can give him that extra kick to get him through his workdays :) He loves to know he is appreciated, and this will help him see that we love him, and that we recognize and appreciate all he does for us.

2 comments:

mandgmom said...

I LOVE this idea, and I have been working on something like it with my kids! For my husband's first Fathers' Day, I made a small picture book of picture of him with our son. I used captions like, "I love it when..." or "Remember when we..." He absolutely loved the gift, and it didn't cost much money. Thanks for the great post and ideas.

Corey

New Mommy Help said...

Wow, I really find your article helpful. you might also want to check my content that is related to your article/blog.

Best Books For 10-Year-Old: Our Top Picks & Reviews

Best books for 9 years old: that will improve their interest in readings

Best books for your 8-year-old see our recommendation

Best Books for 7-year old That Will Improve Kids Readability

Best Books For 6-Year-Olds: That Will Make Them Happy

Picture Books” Parents Wants For Their Kids In 2020

Best Books For Your 12-Year-Old: “Top Pics Of 2020”

Stories For Kids: popular Kid Book-Books That Belong in Every Family Library”.

How To Teach Sight Words: Best Games, Books For Kindergarten


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails