Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Play Foam



Brayden came home from my parent's house one day with a present. It was PlayFoam. After reading the box and learning that it was supposedly no mess, I decided that surely the present was for me! We played with it, and it really is quite clean! It isn't 100% mess free, but it is a lot cleaner than play doh. I really, really like it.

You can use this play foam to make and learn all sorts of things. You can make shapes, learn about colors, and make letters to name a few. For the young artist (or old), you can sculpt animals and other creations.

I will be turing to this more often for practicing making letters than play doh. It is much less of a hassel overall. Not to say don't find value in play doh, I do. But this is cleaner and simpler for something like making letters.

I wanted to share this find with you all! The packaging says it is for ages 3 and up, but I did let Kaitlyn play with it. She is 2.5. Happy sculpting!

4 comments:

Sara said...

We love this too! It's a lot of fun.

The first time we used it we put it on our plastic art trays (from Lakeshore) and they left an awful residue that I havent' been able to clean off with anything. Using it on any other surface seems to be fine just not on plastic.

Have fun!

Wilson Ramblings said...

we love that foam! I left you a bloggy award over at my blog! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Amanda said...

I had totally forgotten about that foam stuff! We had that as kids and it is pretty neat. I might have to search some out for Tobias soon, he's pretty good about not eating the crafty stuff I give him :)

Valerie Plowman said...

Wilson Ramblings, I have been trying to find it, but I can't. Can you direct me? I found your blog, but not the award.

Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails